Become the president of an employee-owned small business
What if you could make a difference while propelling your career forward and sharpening your leadership skills? Experience a first-of-its-kind opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of a well-established small business by converting it to employee ownership. Teamshares presidents gain access to custom training, resources, expert knowledge, and a growing network of peers across the country.
Together, we'll help narrow the wealth gap in America by creating $10 billion in stock wealth for hard-working Americans.
How it works:
Teamshares acquires successful small businesses from retiring owners across the United States and various industries, immediately grants 10% stock ownership to its employees, and progressively increases ownership to 80% within 20 years.
Teamshares recruits and trains talented, ambitious presidents to lead companies to their next phase of growth while developing their leadership skills through custom education and peer-based learning among fellow network presidents.
What you gain:
- Placement as president of a recently acquired small business within the Teamshares network based on your location.
- Acceptance into the Teamshares Leadership Accelerator, a four-week, cohort-based program designed to level up your financial acumen and leadership skills before starting at the network company.
- Equity stake in the small business and proportional participation in shareholder dividends. As president, you'll have direct responsibility for increasing equity value for all shareholders, including yourself.
- Competitive salary and benefits, plus equity stake in both Teamshares Inc. and the small business.
- The opportunity to grow your career, leading a team of 10-200 employees who also have equity in the business.
- The ability to support your local economy and drive community growth by leading a financially durable, employee-owned business that never has to be sold again.
- A network of industry-specific, geographic, and cohort-based peer president groups, plus a senior peer mentor and support from Teamshares Inc.
- The opportunity to practice mission-driven entrepreneurship with a direct impact on company strategy and growth.
In the first year, you will:
- Successfully help the previous owner transition into retirement.
- Build trust between the newly appointed employee owners and educate them on what it means to own equity.
- Help employees become financially fluent with open-book management and education.
- Conduct a pricing analysis and evaluation of every line of the business.
- Facilitate GAAP-compliant books.
- Modernize tools and systems to build a better foundation for scalable growth.
- Develop and implement strategies that have a direct impact on shareholder value for all employee owners.
Who you are:
Leading a small business is a challenge unlike any other. Teamshares presidents may not know how to manufacture a mattress or make pizza dough, but they know how to build relationships, grow a business, and remain calm in the face of adversity.
Successful presidents are:
- Excited about employee ownership and the potential for employees to receive financial stakes in the company.
- Born leaders with the inherent ability to build meaningful relationships.
- Empathetic listeners with high agency and low ego.
- Entrepreneurial at heart with financial acumen and analytical skills to develop business strategy.
- Growth-minded with a willingness to explore new ideas and innovations and not afraid to admit, and learn from, mistakes.
- From a variety of backgrounds ranging from MBA programs and Fortune 500 companies to consulting and military.
Lead equitably. Run a business. Make an impact. Apply to become a Teamshares small business president today.
Please note that at this time, we can only consider candidates that are either local to the opportunity or that currently reside in the same state. However, if you are applying while in an MBA program, we will discuss relocation during the interview process.