Become a Teamshares Network Company President
We're seeking entrepreneurial business leaders to join our next cohort of small business Presidents.
What is Teamshares?
Teamshares is on a mission to create $10 billion of new wealth for lower income Americans through employee ownership. You can think of us as a hybrid of a software company, an education company, an investment company, and a support network.
We purchase successful small businesses that fit our guidelines and work with employee owners to place a new President who will lead company strategy, operations, culture, and growth. Teamshares network companies generally range in size from $2M-$10M in revenue and have 7-150+ employee owners.
Teamshares is a Series C funded company backed by QED Investors, Spark Capital, Khosla Ventures, Collaborative Fund, Inspired Capital, Slow Ventures and Union Square Ventures, among others. To date, our 100+ team has placed, trained, and supported over 40 small business Presidents.
What You Will Do:
- Replace the previous retiring small business owner as the new President of the company
- Own all business strategy, operations, and P&L management, leading an experienced team of existing employees who, alongside you, will own equity in the business
- Work with the bookkeeper/controller to make decisions about ongoing expenses and capital purchases, gaining efficiencies, and developing business metrics
- Collaborate with the business development / sales team to drive growth through marketing, outreach, and new product developments
- Handle all HR matters, including employee performance, job reviews, raises, and bonuses
- Analyze business methods and practices
- Develop relationships with clients, vendors, and partners
- Work with Teamshares and employee owners to transition the company to employee ownership, which includes coaching employee owners to understand how their new ownership stake can drive better business outcomes and company culture
What You Will Gain:
As a Teamshares President, you will receive:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Equity stake in your company
- Equity stake in Teamshares
You will also participate in the Teamshares Leadership Program, an immersive program designed to prepare and support you throughout your new career. As part of the program, you will receive:
- Unparalleled business and leadership development training
- Access to educational materials and a growing financial management platform
- Opportunity to learn from network of other Presidents
- Centralized growth resources, including recruiting accounting, and marketing
What You'll Need to Succeed:
Most of our leaders are first-time Presidents, and have diverse backgrounds across tech, consulting, CPG, operations, and military leadership. While no prior industry experience is required, we’re generally looking for the following qualities:
- Mission-alignment: Presidents should be excited about employee ownership and the potential for small business employees to receive financial stakes and leadership responsibilities in their companies
- Demonstrated people leadership skills through past work experiences
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; low-ego
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a desire to build
- Project-management and problem-solving skills with a roll-up-the-sleeves, get-it-done attitude
- Business acumen and analytical skills to oversee company financials and develop business strategy
- Growth-mindset and a willingness to explore new ideas and innovations; not afraid to learn from your mistakes
Please note that at this time, we can only consider candidates that are either local to the respective area or that currently reside in the same state. However, if you are applying while in an MBA program, we will discuss relocation during the interview process.
We are dedicated to cultivating a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where we learn from each other. As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people of all ages, races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, physical abilities, neurodiversities, and perspectives.